I love Facebook, despite all the negative talk about Facebook in the past, you gotta admit, so MANY people (According to statista.com, as of the second quarter of 2015, it had 1.49 billion monthly active users) are on Facebook! Privacy issue was and has been the big issue with Facebook, but let’s face it. If you’re in business and trying to get your name out there, you are in public and want to be public. If you want to be private, don’t post anything so private. Keep it just for business. That’s all you have to do. There’s a way to keep everything private if that’s what you’d like to do.
But as I was connecting with others, I have learned a thing or two about Facebook recruiting…..
5 things “NOT to do” when you’re trying to recruit people on Facebook.
- You have an incomplete profile. If you’re trying to connect with someone, you have to be transparent and let them see you. Don’t hide behind a picture of your kids or animal or some general picture of flowers, mountains, waterfall etc. They are pretty to look at but you have to have a profile photo of YOU and make it clear who you are.
- Don’t just send the friend request and leave. At least say “Hi, I’d like to connect with you.” or something….When someone does accept your request, please say hi back and thank them for connecting.
- Don’t start pitching your company right away. That’s not connecting, that’s like spamming. Wouldn’t you rather find out who I am and what I may need? Yes, I may need an awesome skincare that takes away wrinkles and aging spots, but how do you know I’m looking for one if you don’t find out what I may be looking for?
- Don’t send a link without being asked. Never send your link unless they ask for it. During the conversation it might be a good time to send a link and s/he might not mind at all, you will know the timing of it during the conversation but NOT in the beginning before you even start the conversation.
- Don’t post anything negative. No, not even when you’re having a bad day and just want to vent. Be positive at all times! No bashing of any companies, products, no bashing on any political parties, none! Think about it, do you want to attract positive like-minded people or negative person? If you want to attract positive person, you need to be positive yourself.
See, I’ve made enough mistakes myself so wanted to share my two cents. 🙂
I hope this gives you a better perspective on connecting with others on Facebook. Please feel free to comment and add your view on this, it would be appreciated! 🙂
Miki / Mamapreneurs Club
P.S. Have you gotten the copy of Facebook Cheat Sheet? Download your cheat sheet here, it’s free. 🙂
P.S.S: How are you doing with collecting leads? Do you have a system that collects leads for you? Watch this video “3 Simple Steps to Endless Leads”