I have been learning new skills, really planning for this year. There was something that kept me from going forward and letting the joy of holiday get the best of me. Now it’s time to get out of the holiday status and get moving!
This post was inspired by Dr. Bob Clarke on Daily Dose of Awesome Call by Elite Marketing Pro. On this call, he went over 8 things to give up to have a spectacular new year and I added 2 more at the end personally.
Well, of course, if you don’t have any of these problems, obviously you would not have anything to get rid of (good for you! ) but these are all biggies that really need to go.
Which one (or more) of these do you want to give up this year?
1. Doubting Yourself: Are you doubting yourself? Do you say to yourself, “Who wants to listen to me?” “Am I good enough?” ” What if I don’t have what it takes? Do I really have what it takes to succeed?” Many of us have moments of doubting ourselves. Shake that off and push through it!
2. Negative thinking: Instead of just doubting like what’s mentioned above, you actually say “I’m not good enough.” or “No one wants to listen to me.” This negative thinking is worse than “doubting yourself.” Stop!
3. Fear of Failure: We all have it! “Will I waste money?” “Will I lose respect from friends and family?” Fear of failure actually can be paralyzing and you could end up not even trying. If you don’t try, you will never know what may be in store for you!
4. Criticizing others: If you’re criticizing others, why are you doing it? Most of the time, people criticize others to make them feel better. Not only this tears others down, but makes you feel bad yourself! Realize that it may be stemming from your own self-doubts and insecurity. Nothing good comes from criticizing others. Give it up and look closely into yourself and make a mind-shift if necessary and start supporting others. (Supporting others makes you feel much better anyway!)
5. Negative Self-Talk: This is a next step to Negative Thinking. I’ve caught myself doing this a lot. “I’m so stupid!” “How could you (myself) do that ?” If you’re saying this to yourself, your brain will actually take that and start believing it to be “true”. Also, if you’re saying this out loud, someone you care about (like your kids, hint, hint) may be listening and learning from you! Be very careful!
6. Procrastination: We all know about this one! What’s the worst thing that can happen if I don’t do this? Just go and do it.
7. Fear of success: Oooohh, this is a big one for me! You know, many people are not aware of this fear. I’m so aware of this, fear of success, the responsibilities that come with the success. “Would I have enough time to help others?” “What if I get too busy? Be aware! This fear is as detrimental as having the Fear of failure!
8. People pleasing: Of course, everyone wants to be liked. I do! I like people to like me, I like to help people, you do too, don’t you? But sometimes there’s too much of a good thing. Are you doing things just to please others? Are you doing too much for others that it is hindering you? If you don’t help yourself, you’re not able to help others. Just remember we cannot please everyone.
9. Need to get everything done and done perfectly: If you’re anything like me, you may be going crazy trying to get everything done. Everything is a priority, right? I got a house to clean, laundry to do, meals to prepare, oh yea, blogging to do, phone calls to make, party to go to, list goes on and on. I even have 2 other blog sites which I had to put off because of my time limit. There’s only 24 hours in a day! Did I forget that? No one is perfect, not even you. (surprise!… jk) So give up the need to get everything done and done perfectly. Prioritize for the day and tackle one thing at a time and celebrate conquering the baby steps.
10. Need for approval from others: I love receiving approval from others. I love receiving compliments and credits for things I do. Who wouldn’t? If you have this need, know that you will be disappointed. Lot of times, our jobs are un-noticed, credit might be given to someone else for something you’ve done. Life isn’t fair that way, just let it go.
Take one step at a time. Take one thing you want to work on and start there. First thing you have to do is to be aware. Once you are aware, take one and tackle that for the next 30 days.
What is it that you want to eliminate the most in your life? And then move onto the next thing, you will be amazed with what you can accomplish taking baby steps within a year!
You see people progressing….
Why NOT YOU?
Why shouldn’t you be the one to push through this year? It should be! Let’s do it!
Best wishes and have a great year!
Did you find this article helpful? If so, please comment and share with others who might benefit from reading this! It would be greatly appreciated!
Love always and hugs!
P.S: Make sure to get your 10 day bootcamp to learn more about Attraction marketing! Click here for FREE 10 day Online Recruiting Bootcamp!
P.S.S: If you’re ready to be part of this awesome community, click here and get started!